Tuesday 12 January 2016

Day 9 - 2016


Good morning and what a beautiful morning it is (well at least it isn't raining yet :)

My routine in the morning is to wake, stretch (as much as I physically can), shower and then meditate.  I find that meditation regularly throughout the day helps you to calm down the mind, relax the body and get the day into perspective.  When I meditate in the morning, I not only calm the mind and relax the body, I can see clearer therefore being able to focus better on the days tasks at hand.  During the day I also try to take a minute 'out' of what I'm doing to simply 're-focus' the mind, clear it from all its internal chit chat and re-charge it for the next little section it is about to face.  It truly does work wonders.

Meditation at night is in reverse, it is to calm down the mind, release all the days activities and thoughts surrounding those activities so that your mind is at peace and can start to wind down in order to have a good sleep.  Try it and let me know how you get on.

Well we have a busy morning today and an early start.  I have to take my mum to Dunstable to have her eyes checked out and then come back to catch up on some paperwork and orders.  

However as it is an early start, I need to be prepared with breakfast and snacks.

Breakfast

1 cup spinach, 4 strawberries, scoop of super greens protein powder, 1 banana and 1/2 soy milk and 1/2 water as my liquid.


It tastes good and I know will keep me going through the morning.  For a snack, I have taken a mix of almonds, walnuts and golden berry mix.  This works out to about 1/4 cup portion size.


Ok so I need to go now.  Have a great day every one until soon.......

Ended up spending longer in Dunstable than planned.  Finally got home around 1.30pm, had a quick bite to eat of 2 salt and vinegar rice cakes, cottage cheese and cucumber before settling down to some catch up on my computer, planning and paperwork.

At around 5pm I started to make dinner - Tofu Curry with brown rice.

It was nice although I didn't really fancy it after I had cooked it!  I think the day was long and I was feeling tired hence the appetite just wasn't there.

All in all, the day was fine.  The back, although tired, survived the day without any major glitches.  I didn't have any cravings today except after my curry when I simply fancied plain old toast and butter.  I haven't had butter or bad fats for just over a week now, or any cheeses and feel so much better for it, lighter, less mucus!

So all in all, everything is ticking along well.

Good night  and sweet dreams x

No comments:

Post a Comment