Saturday 23 January 2016

Day 19 & 20 - 2016

Over the past 48 hours, there has been lots going on, what with travel plans coming into place, packing, preparing everything that needs to be prepared both at home and for business and then actually following through with the travelling!

I travelled yesterday from the UK to Los Angeles where my family live (sister and nephew) to spend some time with them, to unwind and to plan some business ideas and activities both in LA and the UK.  It is very exciting planning and seeing the extent of how far the plans will develop and of course what we will be able to offer our customers in the future.

As anyone knows who has travelled to LA, the journey is long.  The flight in itself took just under 11 hours however there is the waiting time in the UK (approx. 2 hours), 30 minute delay on the plane and then the long journey on the plane which wasn't made easier by the constant niggling and pain in the lower back and then finally arriving.

On arrival, my sister met me and we headed into downtown LA to have dinner at some friends house and then shortly afterwards, headed to Laguna Beach, where my sister lives, which was another 2 hours journey!  So to say the least, it was tiring, long yet I made it and was excited to be on the West Coast visiting family and looking forward to the next few weeks.

The weather is cool, although much warmer than in the the UK (about 16c) so I can't complain.  It is now 3pm in the afternoon here on the 23rd January (UK is 11pm).  When we got home to Laguna last night is was 9pm.  After having a cup of tea and catching up, I went to bed around 10.30pm and finally slept around 11pm.  However I woke up around 2am this morning and caught up with a few phone calls back to the UK before heading back to sleep around 5am.

Good morning in LA......



I slept straight through to about 9.30am and although felt tired and heavy headed, I wanted my system to get used to LA time so got up, showered and came into the kitchen to find my sister had lovingly prepared breakfast for me of delicious black coffee (courtesy of moi!) and some toasted sprouted bread, almond nut butter and St. Dalfour strawberry jam.  

Whilst we caught up on some news stateside, we enjoyed breakfast and planned some of our time here.  I also started to think about planning our food intake whilst I'm here to continue with my regime.

So around 1pm, I made some super green juice (carrot, spinach, celery, ginger, lemon and super greens blended mix) which we enjoyed  with a backdrop of the beautiful cloudy ocean, and followed this through with a banana, strawberry, almond milk and hempseed smoothie to make it a nice rounded filling lunch.



And now it is just gone 3pm, I am catching up on emails whilst my sister has a quick nap and enjoying early afternoon views out to the ocean.  What a better way to work and enjoy the moment and enjoy planning for the future.


My Ocean View


My sister also made a delicious thick one pot soup which looks delicious as it is for our afternoon snack/dinner started.

One Pot Soup



1 cup brown rice, 1 cup mixed lentils (brown, yellow, green)
1 tsp mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp turmeric, pinch of cinnamon, salt & pepper.

Gently fry the mustard seeds in 1 tbsp of sunflower/olive oil and then add the rice and lentils.  Mix the ingredients for a few minutes before added 4 cups of boiling water.
Let the mixture simmer gently for about 2 hours and then add the rest of the herbs.

Simple and delicious.
Bon Appetite!

Until soon, I bid you all good night whilst I enjoy the rest of the day here. x

No comments:

Post a Comment