Tuesday 5 January 2016

Day 2 - 2016

Day 2 - Tuesday 5th January 2016

Woke up around 8am with a thumping headache and feeling hot.  I think sometimes the heating can get too much and suffocate any oxygen trying to get to the brain.  Finally got out of bed around 8.45am and showered and went to have some water and take my 'acid' reducing pills and supplements before settling down to breakfast.

Breakfast:  Bowl of 'fruitnfibre', having removed all the dried bananas as the are not only too sweet but hard to chew and added fresh banana served with soya milk and black coffee.
1 litre of water.




Headache slowly shifted away and mum and I started to clear away the Christmas tree and decorations and ended up cleaning the kitchen and living room, hoovering, dusting and mopping and being quite physical for about 90 minutes.  We finished by about 12pm which is when I made myself a cup of peppermint tea, a glass of water and came to catch up on working on the blog and other bits.

Lunch @ 1pm:  Russian Borsch again as it is not only filling but satisfying and full of great vitamins.
1/2 litre water.

This was truly tasty however I forgot to eat my digestive enzymes to help break down this bowl full of veggies and suffered all afternoon with stomach ache and wind :)




Anyone who knows me will know that I LOVE bread.  However I know that whenever I eat bread I feel heavy and lethargic and even bloated more recently.  I know this is also the case for a lot of people these days and the reason for this I am told is Gluten.  

When I was at the Cafe, I offered gluten free bread and whenever I tried to eat this as my bread substitute, I didn't really like the taste, as it didn't quite compare to the real thing although true, I didn't feel bloated or heavy with this GF variety.

So I have resorted to making my own GF Vegan bread as I am also trying to avoid dairy as this gives me excessive mucus and feels heavy on my chest as well as whenever I eat cheese I do get pressure headaches.  So the next few weeks is also a test of removing dairy and gluten from my diet and sharing with you the many alternatives and recipes for breads and cakes that are Vegan and Gluten Free so watch this space.

2.30pm snack:  2 pieces of raw chocolate with freeze dried raspberries.  Very tasty and more than enough to satisfy that sweet tooth.  No added sugars and fats.  Made from raw cacao powder, coconut oil, stevia and freeze dried raspberries.  Delicious.



Dinner @ 5pm:
Mini jackets with sunflower spread and greek avocado & feta cheese salad.
1 litre water

Snack 6.30pm
Small bowl of mixed fruit cocktail in its own juice.
1/2 litre of water.

I am trying to eat dinner earlier so that I don't eat anything after 7pm as the body starts to shut down and won't have enough time to a) digest any foods eaten after this time b) burn off any of the foods.






It is now 1845hrs and feeling a little tired.  I am going to take some time to reflect, meditate a little and journal so I bid you good night until tomorrow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment