Friday 15 January 2016

Day 12 - 2016

Good morning and what a beautiful and sunny morning it is.  Yes it is cold so need to dress up warm to go out.

I slept well last night and straight through to about 7.30am at which point I got up, showered and had a huge glass of water with my supplements.  

Breakfast
2 slices of gluten free high protein bread (no egg, no added sugars) topped with almond nut butter and one with 1/4 banana and the other with no added sugar cherry jam.  Delicious with a warming cup of tea and soya milk.  That should keep me going.



I have a busy morning lines up what with a meeting with the bank manager, another couple of meetings to get my business (working from home) a little bit more exposed and then a little shopping in town whilst I am there and all town centre shopping trips will consist a stop over at the wonderful 'Wholefoods' by the bus station to stock up on wonderful goodies.

I have a few orders to make this afternoon for some clients so this afternoon will be busy in the 5* kitchens :)

I haven't thought about lunch yet but I am guess it will be soup to keep me warm and/or salad with avocado and lentils to keep me going.  I am planning on buying polenta so want to make something tasty with that for dinner tonight so watch this space.

My back on the whole has been stable, a few aches here and there.  I am still chasing doctors and hospitals to get an appointment at the MSK Circle for investigation on my back (spine, nerves etc.) so will see how far that goes.

Oh yes, am also off to LA in a weeks time.........plans come by so quick that your feet certainly don't have a chance to touch the ground :)

Until later x

It is now 1.30pm.  After a very productive morning meeting with a lovely lady who was very helpful in opening up new paths and avenues for me and my business, I decided to walk back home (from Roff Avenue to Goldington Road)!  The idea to start with was great, as the sun was shining (still is) and the air fresh however after drinking a litre of water and a pot of green tea and forgetting to go to the loo before I left, was perhaps not such a great idea!


I walked about 50 minutes, struggling ALL the way to control my bladder feeling that those last few steps are always the longest.  Does anyone else feel like that???  Got home, went to the bathroom after dropping my bag etc. on the floor, my mum thought I had had a heart attack and came out of her room to check on me only to see me sat on the toilet, red faced and hysterically laughing thinking I have really gone mad!  

Anyway drama over and done with, my back was giving me some pain and my blood sugars had totally dropped, feeling shaky and hungry.  I quickly made a carrot and orange juice and grabbed a banana and went to my bedroom and sat on my bed gently, easing my back onto the bed whilst devouring my banana and drinking my juice down in one.  Anyone watching this scene would think I had gone mad.  Then I crashed out on my bed waiting for my blood sugar levels to balance out.

As I always say to friends, family and clients, plan to have food/snacks with you so this particular scene doesn't happen, where ever you go, however long or short a time you feel you are going to be out for.  Sometimes it is difficult to balance your blood sugar levels and you might end up 'bingeing' to control these few minutes of shakiness!  So now I need to heed my own advise after this hysterically mad moment and be prepared on the go.

So after about 20 minutes rest I got up and enjoyed my lunch.

Lunch 1pm

A bowl of Cabbage soup (mix of cabbage, carrots, potatoes, beetroot & tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper and pinch of chilli flakes) topped with a handful of GF home made croutons and coconut cream (prepared this morning thank goodness).  

Delicious and well deserved if I do say so myself.



Now back to work.

Dinner 6.45pm

Dinner consisted of a bowl of organic white basmati rice, some stir fried spinach, broccoli & tofu topped with avocado and tomatoes.  It was quick and simply yet very tasty and I was so hungry I didn't get round to snapping a pic for you :)

It is now 8pm and the day has progressed really well.  I've caught up on a lot of actions I needed to and prepared some foods, cakes, treats and raw goodies for client orders over this weekend.

Until tomorrow x

No comments:

Post a Comment