Thursday 7 January 2016

Day 4 - 2016

An early start (4am) what with the heavy rain falling against the windows all around the house.  Although tired I kept thinking I should wake up and get to work but knowing I hadn't managed to sleep until nearly midnight, I knew I needed to rest.  Struggled to finally get back to sleep waking up at 8am to get ready to go shopping, banking etc.

Had my usual supplements, black coffee and fruit and fibre cereal with fresh blueberries before heading out into town.

I have been feeling truly blessed today.  Slowly slowly things are progressing and picking up on the private catering front.  As well as planning for that, I have also continued to plan for VegFest Brighton which I can't wait to experience.  I believe that when you focus on the positives of things, whether work, situations, experiences, people etc. you attract the positive back in those situations.

Now I am preparing for a business lunch meeting with a friend to plan for a few more events later in the year so keep tuned in on that front.

Lunch 1pm

Sweet jacket potato (love heart shape :) with soy mince chilli and mix peppers served with an avocado salad.  Yummy.



Soya Chilli Mince (Gluten Free & Vegan)

1/2 cup dried soya mince, top with 1 cup boiled stock/vegetable water
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/2 cup boiled and soft kidney beans, 2 tbsp tomato puree,
1/2 cup mixed peppers (yellow, green, red)
Pinch of chilli flakes, salt and pepper, pinch of smoke paprika

-  Fry the mixed peppers in 1 tbsp of sunflower/olive oil (5 minutes)
-  Add the soya mince and mix for 5 more minutes, then add all the other ingredients.
Simmer for 30 minutes.  Serve with potato or brown rice to make a healthy lunch/dinner.

What I love about this dish is that it is home-made, therefore has no added bad fats or sugars, which, tasting how delicious this chilli is, really doesn't need it.  Enjoy with a delicious salad. Full of goodness, vitamins and protein.  It really is worth preparing your own food rather than buying ready made because you CONTROL what goes in - that is what is important when trying to eat clean and healthily.

For dessert I have prepared some apple, almond butter, raisins and sliced toasted almond 'cakes'.  What a treat.


After a long yet successful day, the early evening was spent catching up on the goings ons of the afternoon business meeting, emails and then taking some time to relax and unwind.

Dinner was very simple.  A plate of avocado, boiled up lentils (made with veggie stock & coriander) and some cucumber and tomatoes.  I didn't really have the time or energy to muster up anything more fancy however this did the trick.  As a snack I had a handful of cashew nuts and 2 tangerines and lots of water.

Looking back on the week so far, we are already coming to the end of Day 4 and it has been seamless, nothing too hard, nothing too trying, no cravings, no sneak picks, simply easy going.  I put this down really to planning well and having the right foods in the right places so temptation is not close by.  

Now it is late, 11.15pm and it is time to retire to my bed.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment