Monday 11 January 2016

Day 8 - 2016

Good morning,

Wow, doesn't a week go by quick?  I am happy to report that after 7 days of watching what I eat and drink and snack on, I have lost 2 kilos (4.4lbs).  We are heading in the right direction.  Yeyyyyy :)

My main goal is to step up the 'movement' of the body.  I know I have suffered a little bit in the last week with the back, and although I am still quite stiff this morning with some pain, I want to get out and about and walking if nothing else.  So this is this weeks target.

Breakfast 8am
As I have quite a busy morning, I have opted for a delicious juice to get me going.  So after taking my usual supplements and starting the morning with black coffee, I made a juice of:
~  Orange, Carrot, Ginger and a scoop of rice protein powder and a tsp of hemp seeds.  It tastes gorgeous and is very satisfying.


To also assist with cravings during the day, I have prepared some energy balls to keep me going throughout the day.  These are very easy to make however if you don't have the time and prefer to purchase them, we make them at Virtuoso Foods so please check out our website for more information on this:  www.virtuosofoods.co.uk

Raw Energy Balls (Gluten Free, Vegan, Raw)


 You need a good sturdy food processor.
Add 1 cup of chopped dates and 200g of walnuts.





 Add 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon into the mix as well as juice from 1 orange (4 tbsp) and 1 lemon (1 tbsp).



 Blend and then start to roll the mixture into balls.
You can make them as big or as small, bitesize, as you like.
Once you have your balls, you can coat them in whatever you like.
Some options are:  cacao powder for that dark bold flavour, desiccated coconut, sesame seeds, hemp seeds or anything you fancy.



Bon apetite!

A productive morning.  Cooking, working, running errands, fixing cars back screen wiper, petrol, lightbulbs, juicing, more working and now to enjoy my lunch.

Lunch 1pm - Green smoothie
~  Spinach, blueberries, banana and water (you can add whatever liquid you like but as I had a soya latte earlier this morning, I opted for a 'lighter' liquid substitute) :)


Now some work in my office before taking time to rest the back as it is starting to ache a little.  Until soon........


The afternoon was spent working away and chasing up a few loose ends and then finally settling down to relax around 6pm.  I decided to have a light dinner as I wasn't feeling too hungry and therefore settled for a couple of slices of GF Vegan bread toasted with almond butter and no added sugar cherry jam on top (St. Dalfour do the best no added jams).

Well it is an early night for me as I have an early start and busy day tomorrow.

Good night. x

No comments:

Post a Comment