Tuesday 12 January 2016

Day 10 - 2016

6.30am

A new day a new Thought for Today just came across to me which I wanted to share:

'Silence gives rest to the mind and this means rest to the body.  Sometimes rest is the only medicine needed'.  Beautifully said and today is going to be a day for resting (after lunch time as there is some business and planning and prep work to attend to in the morning :)


This morning has started with a quick shower, meditation, taking my supplements to kick start the day and then now.......deciding what to have for breakfast so stay tuned in.



So breakfast has been decided.

8.10am Breakfast of porridge made with water, topped up with almond milk, blueberries, 1/2 banana, sprinkling of hemp seeds and raw honey.  Yummy and very filling.  Just what the doctor ordered on this very chilly morning.  In addition I drank about 1 litre of water decorated with a slice or lemon, orange and lime.  This simply enhances the flavour when drinking water.




Now this has geared me up for the morning.

7.30pm
Well today has been very busy.  This morning I had the Environmental Health Inspector come round to the house to check that our home kitchen is clean and fit enough for me to work from..... and I am pleased to say it is.  Yeyyyyy we have another 5* rating.  As always when you order from us you can rest assured that we know how to handle food and most importantly safely, catering to those with allergens and speciality diets.



So today has been spent preparing for the inspection and then after that I prepared a quick lunch of 'greek salad' with lots of cherry tomatoes, cucumber, coriander, lettuce and feta cheese and a slice of toasted brown sourdough gluten free bread.

I have come to realise that it is important to keep hydrated.  The body seems to fake hunger when it is hungry and of course the food wants good nutritious food.  Lately I seem to be craving fresh foods, fruits and vegetables.  I find myself actually salivating for tomatoes, cucumbers, bears, kale, oranges etc.  I guess this means my body needs those nutrients and vitamins.  I need to get into more juicing as this will curb these cravings and provide the body with what it needs.

Dinner:  I made a simple Miso soup with kale, spinach and tofu.  Very easy, quick and tasty.  I wasn't feeling very hungry so this was enough.  I also enjoyed a very large mug of green tea with a slice of lemon. 

So that is it for now, until soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment