Saturday 16 January 2016

Day 13 - 16

Time is flying by sooooo quickly and we are already on Day 13 of my blog.  Before I know it, nearly 2 weeks has gone by since I started this wonderful journey.

I woke up to amazing sunshine, ready for a quick 25 minute walk, came back showered and after having my supplements, enjoyed a breakfast of super greens smoothie then headed out quickly to Tesco to get some supplies.

Both physically (my back) is feeling much better, although has little niggles and mentally I am feeling good, fresh and looking forward to exciting times ahead.  There is ALOT going on for me at the moment and I need to stay focused as when excitement sets it, it can lead the mind and of course the body to get carried away.  I need to ensure that the body is well nourished with the right foods and drinks and that the mind is also taken good care of through rest, relaxing music and meditation.  At the core of everything, we all need to balance all that we do and simply quieten down, re-charge and refocus.  We are all special.

Today is going to be mainly spent preparing as I have a few orders to prepare for today and tomorrow so busy kitchen time, however to keep us all going I wanted to share today thought.


'Thought for Today'



 When you open your eyes in the morning,

sit for a moment and appreciate
the GIFT of a new day.
Generate a peaceful thought and
enjoy few moments of
inner peace and inner silence in the morning
and carry it with you throughout the whole day.


Lunch 1245pm
I made a delicious miso soup full of kale, tofu, spinach and gf mini noodles with home made gf croutons.  Really delicious.  Last night I made a GF Vegan Tapioca & Coconut pudding for a client orders private catering dinner today and of course there is always lots left over, so here is one I enjoyed for lunch today.  (recipe below).





Tapioca Coconut Pudding (Vegan & Gluten Free)

1/2 cup of tapioca pearls
1.5 cups almond milk
1.5 cups water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of coconut milk (keep the cream aside and use only the milk)
5 tbsp of sweetness (raw honey, maple syrup, coconut palm sugar etc.)
pinch of salt

Instructions:
Soak the tapioca with 1/2 cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup of water for 1 hour.
Then put ALL the ingredients in a saucepan and gently bring to boil and simmer.
Stir the mixture all the time making sure it doesn't 'boil' or 'burn'.
Once all the mix has come together, let it rest for 30 minutes.
You can enjoy warm, topped with a tsp of coconut cream, sprinkling of cinnamon and a drizzle of raw honey or put the mix in ramekins and refrigerate until you are ready to enjoy.

Simply Delicious.  Bon Appetite!






No comments:

Post a Comment