Thursday 28 January 2016

Day 24 & 25 2016

Glorious weather continues to embrace me everyday and I truly feel grateful and blessed.




My health has been truly on the rise, feeling good, healthy, energised and vibrant.  I know that food and drink helps enormously however I am sure the sun and great weather also works miracles on the body and mind.

We have been entertaining at home most days, either lunch or dinner and I have been cooking.  

Today is Thursday 28th January 10.40am.

On Tuesday evening we went to a friends house for dinner and enjoyed a delicious lentil rice with salad.  It was good to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in a little while as well as enjoying traditional Persian rice.  We had a friend stay over.

Yesterday, Wednesday 27th, I made a delicious breakfast for us and our friend before hitting the road as I had another appointment with the wonderful Chinese doctor for another session of acupuncture.

Breakfast:  Sautéed tempeh, tofu scrambe (with spinach and red peppers), shiitake mushrooms and home-made baked beans with cannelloni beans, tomato puree and soy sauce and a delicious cup of black coffee.




The acupuncture session itself was painful however I truly have been feeling much better.  The pain seems to have been relieved and movement is most definitely more flexible so I am very pleased.  He has given me some additional supplements to address balance issues and circulation issues which I am sure will only assist in the recovering and healing of the body.  Happy days!

We got home just after lunch time to enjoy some delicious 'super greens soup' I had made early in the morning and wanted to share the recipe with you.

This soup is not only delicious but is full of greens that the body needs that you would not normally be able to consume the amount 'raw'.


Supergreens Soup (Aash Persian soup)
Gluten Free & Vegan

Serves 4 people
2 cups kale, 2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup coriander, 1/2 cup parsley (all chopped)
1 can red kidney beans
1 cup of mix dry lentils (mix green & brown lentils and some brown rice to make 1 cup)

Rinse the lentils and rice in cold water and put into a saucepan with 6 cups of water
Let the lentils come to a boil and turn heat down to simmer for 30 minutes
From the total of all the 'greens' take a little of each combination to make 1 cup and keep aside.
With all the rest of the greens, add to the water and lentil mix and continue to simmer
After a further 20 minutes, take a frying pan and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric
Add the cup of mixed greens and gently sauté
Add salt and pepper to taste
Put the 'sautéed' mix into the soup mix and cook altogether for a further 20 minutes
or until all the lentils etc are soft.
Add the can of red kidney beans and once cooked, enjoy with some raw crackers!

Bon appetite!



I have been spending most of the morning catching up on work stuff and planning activities for when I get back to the UK as well as cooking and preparing for lunch before we head out for an afternoon of walking, manicure and pedicure and food shopping.

Lunch is my delicious recipe of veggie chilli with brown rice (gluten free & vegan).  If anyone is interested in the recipe, please let me know and I will send to you.




Until soon, take care. x

No comments:

Post a Comment