Monday 24 October 2016

Monday 24th October 2016 - LIFE



I woke up this morning at 7.30am and couldn't believe how dark it was.  Winter is definitely starting to creep in.

I got up and brushed my teeth and decided to go out for my early morning walk, which I did.  I left the house at 7.50am and returned 8.30am.



I really enjoyed this mornings walk.  The air was fresh and with every step, so refreshing filling my lungs up with much needed oxygen and kick starting the brain to clear away the cobwebs and get ready for a brand new day.

Walking for me is more than just about health and mobility.  Walking when the rest of the world is still sleeping (half-term beckons this week so much quieter than the usual week) is a great energiser, walking in silence, quietening the mind into a meditative mode until your body gets going, speeding up with every step until you get the momentum you need to get into a brisk stride and then after about 10 minutes, my mind naturally starts to get into 'thinking mode' where I start reviewing the days activities and planning what needs to be done as I keep up to the beats of thumping base of my playlist.

I am currently suffering with some problem in my right ankle/heel area and although the first few steps are quite painful, I walk through this initial pain, giving my ankle a chance to stretch, well needed stretch after being immobile in bed for the last 8 or so hours, and after about 5 or so minutes, it has loosened up and fought through the pain into a nice steady stride and I'm happy to go with the flow.

I was recently told by a very good friend that as we get older, our bodies experience many aches and pains, niggles, swellings and for some, much more intense symptoms that can only be addressed through medical intervention.  However, in the early stages of trying to overcome these initial aches and pains, the best way to fight through it is to keep the body as mobile as possible and to reduce the amount of sitting throughout the day.  After this comment and also being introduced to this wonderful book by my sister 'Sitting Kills, Moving Heals' by Joan Vernikos, I keep as mobile as possible by walking daily (even if it is in short bursts a few times throughout the day) and also whilst working in my home office, getting up at regular intervals to move around the house, whether to cook, make a drink, walk around the garden, just anything to keep mobile and the muscles supple.



When I don't keep mobile, and of course there are times where I get carried away with tasks at hand, I really feel it in my body (stiffness, aches and pains) and I also notice a shift in my mood in so much as total focus on what I am doing that I forget other priorities (people, food, drink, walking, etc).

So in summary activity, ANY form of movement, is important for both body and mind and I swear by this from personal experience and personal testing of my own body and mind!

The other book I am also enjoying and dip in out of regularly is 'The Prime' by Kulreet Chaudhry which is about preparing and repairing the body for spontaneous weight loss.  It is not difficult to follow however you need discipline to prepare the foods and supplements and herbs etc. that need to be consumed daily and although on the whole I am a disciplined person, I find it hard to coordinate all the activities highlighted in the book with my own activities working from home however, after picking this book up again this morning, I am aiming to bring this into my existing daly food and drinks plan so watch this space....and my progress!


After all this, my breakfast consisted of the following and I am still working through my drinks as I type this blog update and catch up on emails.


Sometimes in the mornings, when I am working in my home office, I listen to Radio 2 and this morning I heard this beautiful Irish priest quote this wonderful 'Thought for Today' which I loved and wanted to share with you.


So leaving you with this lovely thought and looking through my 'to do' list and applying this wonderful quote to a few tasks and situations, I wish you a lovely Monday, filled with love and light and most importantly, good food and good movement x


No comments:

Post a Comment