Monday 10 October 2016

Monday 10th October 2016 - Happiness

After what seemed like a restless night and then ending up watching the American Presidential Debate through the early hours of the morning, I somewhat feel heavy headed and tired.

Not letting this stage of feeling a little worn affect me, I attended to early morning emails and a little admin work, before enjoying a strong cup of coffee and unusually, not feeling like eating or should I say making anything to eat for breakfast, I grabbed a porridge pot made by MOMA which I came across at Waitrose and was immediately drawn to as it had no dairy and was indeed gluten free.


I filled the pot up with water and added a little soya milk to cool it down and enjoyed its content.  I don't normally go for ready made foods however the ingredients are all natural, non-processed and I love that it has no added sugar or salt, so 'I'm sold' and recommend you to try it (this flavour is the only one unfortunately in the dairy free, no added sugar range).

Sometimes when you feel tired, your brain doesn't function quite as well as it should do, and sometimes certain feelings and thoughts crop up that and sifting through Facebook I came across these 2 pictures that resonated with me.


 How lovely and 'hand in hand' do they go together!

Anyway, coming out of this tiredness mood and not feeling quite right, my friend Carol popped in and after a quick green tea cuppa, we headed out in the sun and went for a brisk walk (45 minutes and about 6500 steps) which felt wonderful.  Refreshing and what the doctor recommended for both of us.  I certainly feel better and I hope you do Carol especially after having a delicious raw energy bite of Chocolate and Chilli to energise and prepare you for your physic session :) LOL


So you see, when mood is testing you and you need your mood lifting, a good walk most definitely helps and even better if you can share it with a friend.

Moving on, it is nearly lunch time (1pm UK time) and I am hungry - my appetite is back and I haven't prepared anything.  However I am going to make tofu scramble on gluten free seeded toast fully loaded with avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes (from my garden) drizzled with lemon juice.  Yummy.

If you fancy making this at home then here is the recipe.  It is quick to make (20 minutes and very easy.

TOFU SCRAMBLE (Vegan & GF)






Serves 2
100g of firm tofu scrambled with a fork
1 cup of chopped mixed peppers
1/2 cup of mushroom (I use Shiitake but any kind will do)
1/2 tsp of turmeric
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp of soy sauce (I use BRAGGS which has amazing properties and natural salt)
Pepper to taste

1)  Saute the peppers in the oil, turmeric and soy sauce for about 5 minutes
2)  Add the tofu and saute for an extra 10 minutes, bringing all the ingredients together
3)  Add the mushrooms and saute for a further 5 minutes.
4)  Put your bread in to toast
5)  Add some avocado (extra protein), tomatoes and cucumber as your garnish.
6)  You can add vegan mayo to your toast before adding the scramble
7)  Enjoy

Ok so food beckons, an afternoon of working away in my home office continues, until soon, have a lovely afternoon and don't forget - stay light, get out in nature, walk and be happy! x




No comments:

Post a Comment