Tuesday 27 September 2016

Tuesday 27th September 2016

"Time flies when you are having fun" - I hear this statement all the time and having just sat down for the first time today, I realise what this statement means to me.


This phrase sums it up for me.  By doing what you love, sooner or later, you will get what you want in terms of attracting the right people, the right situations, the right thoughts, decisions and ideas etc. to enable you to continue doing what you love.  And of course when you are working on what you 'love', it becomes fun, no longer a chore!  This 'aha' moment came to me quite clear today whilst making future plans more in the direction of what I love to do 'creating, people, fun, passion, enthusiasm' and so much more.

Do you ever feel like that?  Suddenly whilst doing something you feel a euphoric moment embracing you, showing you that you are on the right path?  I would love to hear from you on this and your experiences!  I find sharing experiences and ideas is so wonderful because not only can you connect with people from all walks of life on this level, you can also learn from each other and have 'aha' moments where you never even new that idea existed!  Very clever and exciting right?

Ok so for now, enough philosophising :)

As mentioned today, it has been a morning of meetings and engaging and exploring fresh new ideas and planning for the future.  However in the background this meant that planning to ensure there was food in the kitchen was key.

Having woken early this morning to ensure I was prepared for my wonderful day ahead, I also planned my food and prepared a delicious quick and easy veggie pasta dish which, as soon as I got home, I put in the oven for 30 minutes, whilst I got settled into my home office and checked emails etc, and before I knew it, my lunch was ready!  Happy Days.


Lunch - Veggie Pasta Bake (GF & Vegan)
Serves 2
1 cup gluten free rice and spinach pasta (boil until tender - 10 minutes)
1/2 cup of brown lentils (boil for 20 mins) **100g of lentils gives you 9g PROTEIN **
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1 cup of peas & sweetcorn combined
1/2 cup of carrots sliced small
1/2 cup of celery sliced small
1/2 cup of mix peppers sliced small
1/2 cup broccoli (including stems)

White sauce (made from 4 tbsp gluten free flour, 3 tbsp sunflower oil, 8-10 tbsp soya/almond milk, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs, 2 tbsp fresh parsley (or dried) 1/4 tsp turmeric.

In a saucepan, saute all the veggies in 1 tbsp of sunflower oil for about 10 minutes on medium heat.  Add in the chopped tomatoes and mix for a further 5 minutes.

Meanwhile make your white sauce in another saucepan by first adding the oil until warm, add flour until mixture comes together. Add milk until the mix becomes a smooth creamy sauce (not too thick, not to thin) and then add the herbs and spices.

Mix the white sauce into the veggies and then add the pasta.  You can add some cheese on top if you like.  I added some Violife grated cheese which melts quite well.

Put the mix into an oven proof dish and bake on 180C for 30 minutes.  Alternatively you can cover and save to cook later.


This recipe serves 2.  Enjoy with salad.  Share with a friend, family member of save for later - that's dinner taken care of :)


http://virtuosofoods.co.uk/recipes/



No comments:

Post a Comment