Wednesday 2 November 2016

Wednesday 2nd November 2016 - Sharing Facts

Good day to you all. What a beautiful sunny morning greeted us this morning, although there was heavy frost everywhere and temperatures dipping to as lows as 4oC so cold however now we have glorious sunshine, frost melted away and warm sun rays shining on us.



We certainly have stepped into November weather wise and I am excited because not only is it my birthday celebration month, it also sees us getting closer to Christmas (52 days to be exact, not that anyone is counting are they?).  This year I have decided to spend it away from the UK, in sunny LA with my family.  It will be some what warmer the temperatures you will experience here in the UK although still somewhat chillier and I am guessing a little different in terms of atmosphere, routine, food, activities etc.  However I am looking forward to these few weeks away.  Although our online 'shop' will be closed over the festive period, I will still be updating you on Social Media and of course via my blog with delicious foods and drink recipes, breathtaking sceneries, update on activities and goings on plus so much more so keep tuned in!

With all this in mind, November also sees the celebration of Thanksgiving, which although isn't a big thing in the UK, it is heavily celebrated in the USA, it should be more celebrated in the UK.

It is not only about getting together and sharing good company food and drink, it is about being 'truly thankful' for all that we have in our lives.  When I personally come to think of all that I have, all I have accomplished and achieved, how far I have come, the wonderful people I have in my life I acknowledge all of this and on a daily basis, give thanks to the Universe for seeing me through life as a fortunate being.

Though I have days of self doubt and lack of motivation, I pick myself up and see the good things I have in my life and am truly thankful for all that I do have therefore, although there is one day dedicated to giving thanks and celebrating, 'Giving Thanks' should be acknowledged and shared mindfully daily.

This picture says it all for me:



I love reading and came across a wonderful article this morning which shared some 'healthy tips' into little ways to make the month healthier, which I wanted to share with you.

As the weather is getting colder, it is important to keep the body fuelled with the right foods and drinks and as well as focusing on the physical aspects of keeping healthy, the mental aspect is also important.

1)  BE MINDFUL
Researchers have measured a significant association between regular 'everyday' mindfulness and/or meditation and an increased likelihood of healthy blood glucose levels.

2)  DRINKING WATER
Increasing your water consumption by just 1/one % could significantly lower your intake of calories and sodium.  Daily recommended intake is 8 glasses (approx 2 litres) of water.

3)  EATING RAW
Eating RAW foods can not only increase your energy levels, it can help improve digestion and improve your natural skin glow.  However eating RAW is good during the first half of the day, and then from about 3/4pm onwards, enjoying a fully or lightly cooked mixture of foods as the digestive systems starts to reduce its function towards the end of the day.

A delicious raw salad recipe I regularly make and enjoy is Avocado Pesto Noodles.  Not only is it filling, it is tasty and satisfy.

Continuing on with my 'CHALLENGE 5', here is the recipe for you to enjoy:

Avocado Pesto Noodles



Serves 4
Ingredients:

(1) 2 medium avocados
(2) Juice from 1 lemon
(3) 1/2 cup fresh basil (keep a few leaves aside for garnish)
(4) 4 courgettes (spiralised)
(5) 1/2 cup of cashew nuts, soaked overnight (optional:  adds an additional creaminess to the pesto as well as being a good source of fat and protein).

Salt & pepper to taste

In a blender, mix the avocado, lemon, basil, cashews, salt & pepper until it forms a creamy texture.

Spiralise the courgettes into a big bowl.

Mix the 2 into each other really well and serve either as a starter or main meal.  This is great as a delicious lunch time dish, light and fully satisfying.

You can serve with some salad leaves and juicy cherry tomatoes if you like.

Try this at home.  If you don't have a spiraliser, high street supermarkets now sell different types of vegetables already spiralled for your convenience and you can play with different flavours (courgette, cucumber, squash).

So with all this in mind, I will leave you with todays thought........x

Don’t just accept where you are at in life.
If you want to be better, do better.
if you want to be more, do more.
It’s all on you.
Do it and do it today.
In fact, start NOW.
(Courtesy of: Thought for Today, found on FB, Laguna, USA)

www.virtuosofoods.co.uk





No comments:

Post a Comment